Who is Irving Naxon? He invented the Crock Pot. Tonight was our first Crock Pot Dinner.
The hardest part was cutting up all the ingredients. I put everything in the Crock Pot and stepped away. I did leave the house to run to the library to return some books and pick up a couple of Crock Pot Recipe books!
I asked Chris to pick tonight’s dinner from the recipes that came with the Crock Pot. He suggested Beef Bourguignon. Nice!
The house smelled so good. And there is enough for one if not 2 more meals. Yes I am happy.
Beef Bourguignon, serves 6-8
- 3 tbsp. flour
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 3# Beef Chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 6 strips cooked bacon
- 1 10-oz can beef broth
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 springs fresh thyme stemmed
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 large potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Coat beef in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Sear beef in a skillet on stove top.
- Place Meat in Crock Pot and add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8-10 hours or on High for 5-7 hours, or until the meat is tender.
We used the leftover Polenta Parmesan Gratin as a side. The potatoes were Perfect! The meat was amazing! I Love My Crock Pot!